Recognizing SC’s Top Legal TalentSeptember 13, 2018
Understanding government incentives. Establishing a legal corporate presence. Wading through the process of a merger or acquisition. Negotiating employee compensation. Writing contracts that govern business relationships. Representing international movement of
Key elements for any business to succeed, these areas and more are where attorneys are the unsung heroes who navigate their clients through complex processes. They offer proactive counsel that provides a strong foundation for business relationships and lend their legal expertise in myriad ways.
We recognize that legal representation is always a party to economic development, though attorneys may seldom be recognized. As part of our #TeamUpstate campaign, we’d like to recognize the 12 Upstate SC Alliance investor firms whose talented esquires are recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 edition.
Congratulations to these firms on their Best Lawyers:
- Douglas Kim Law Firm, LLC – 1 lawyer represented
- Gallivan White & Boyd, P.A. – 21 lawyers represented
- Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A. – 60 S.C. lawyers represented
- K&L Gates LLP – 8 lawyers represented
- McNair Law Firm, P.A. – 50 lawyers represented
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP – 69 S.C. lawyers represented
- Nexsen Pruet – 81 lawyers represented
- Ogletree Deakins – 21 S.C. lawyers represented
- Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP – 83 lawyers represented
- Smith Moore Leatherwood – 69 lawyers represented
- Williams Mullen – 110 lawyers represented
- Womble Bond Dickinson – 207 lawyers represented
Lawyer of the Year Recognition
A special few were ranked as Lawyer of the Year for their practice areas; following are the ones based in the Upstate:
Douglas Kim Law Firm, LLC
- Doug Kim: Patent Law
Gallivan White & Boyd, P.A.
- W. Howard Boyd: Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Phillip E. Reeves: Insurance Law
- Daniel B. White: Product Liability Litigation
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A.
- J. Ben Alexander: Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Kathleen C. McKinney: Public Finance Law
- Arthur F. McLean III: Litigation – Trusts and Estates
McNair Law Firm
- Michael W. Burns: Economic Development Law
- James Price: Corporate Law
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein
- Kevin A. Dunlap: Environmental Law
- Richard L. Few Jr.: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Smith Moore Leatherwood
- Thomas Epting: Copyright Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property
Womble Bond Dickinson
- Michael James Bogle: Environmental Litigation
Congratulations to each of you, and thanks for all that you do to help Business Move Here.
TOPICS: Business Recruitment, Celebrations, Rankings & Recognitions, Business