Kelley Engineering announces expansion in Anderson County
May 1, 2019
Two phases of expansions expected to add 25,000 SF, create 30 jobs
Kelley Engineering, a company that specializes in designing automation equipment and CNC machining and metal fabrication, is expanding its facility in Piedmont, South Carolina.
The company was founded by Matt Kelley and in 2017 moved to its current location, 709 HWY 17, Piedmont, SC 29673 in Anderson County. Kelley Engineering serves a variety of industries in the Upstate including: aerospace, automotive, injection molding, packaging, tires, and general manufacturing.
Kelley Engineering is currently seeking its AS9100 Certification, projected completion is fourth quarter 2019, and will be completing phase one expansion by third quarter 2019. In the next three years, a phase two expansion will include the addition of a 25,000 square foot building and provide an estimated thirty more jobs as growth continues.
An open house is planned for Friday, May 3, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. Plans of the phase one expansion will be presented, and tours of the facility will be provided. The additional 2,400 square footage will increase Kelley Engineering’s current 11,500 square footage capacity and capability to better serve its customers. Tours will showcase the newly renovated spaces, sample work, and the talented team of engineers, craftsman, and innovators.
- Company Start Up: Matt Kelley started Kelley Engineering in his garage in 2015 with a vision to serve its customers through innovative automation equipment and diverse manufacturing capabilities.
- Local Roots: Matt Kelley grew up in Anderson, graduated from Clemson University, earned his Professional Engineering license, and began Kelley Engineering in Greenville before moving the business to Anderson County.
- Growth: Annual sales have more than doubled each year and the team has grown to 20 employees including a second shift for manufacturing.
- Company Motto: “There’s a better way, Let’s find it!”
- Statewide Recognition: Kelley Engineering has been nominated for 2019 SC Emerging Manufacturer of the Year.