QUALITY OF LIFE
Catch some feels while spinning your wheels on the Upstate’s 400 miles of bike trails. Find the latest craft craze on tap at one of our 15 breweries. Ignite a passion for learning at one of the region’s premier museums. Root for the home team at a Greenville Drive game. Revisit history at one of our four national parks. Ride the rapids on one of our wild and scenic rivers. Or kick up your feet and revel in our scenic mountain overlooks.
There’s something for everyone in Upstate South Carolina’s diverse communities, where big-city influence meets Southern indulgence. And with a cost of living 5.3% below the national average, your money goes further here.
Whether you crave an urban high-rise in the center of it all, a convenient suburban community, or rolling pastures to enjoy nature’s serenity, our region offers unmatched quality of life.
Raising a Family
The abundance of natural resources, cultural and sports offerings, where entertainment options are around every corner, make the Upstate an ideal location to raise a family. The strength of our community is showcased through the presence and performance of our K-12 education systems, which serve more than 221,000 students across the 10-county Upstate.
- 13 of the top 25 school districts, Niche.com 2020
- 7 Upstate High Schools in Top 20 high schools in the State, 2019 US News and World Report
- #1 and #25 Best Public Elementary Schools in SC, 2020 Niche.com
- #1, #4, #8 Best Private Schools in SC, Niche.com 2020
- 23 Blue Ribbon Public Schools
Health Care Recognitions
- #2 Bon Secours, SC Hospitals, US News & World Report 2019,
- #3 Spartanburg Regional Health Center, SC Hospitals, US News & World Report
- #6 Prisma Health Greenville Memorial, SC Hospitals, US News & World Report