Medtronic expanding operations in Greenwood County
May 3, 2017
Located at 525 North Emerald Road, in Greenwood, S.C. the company’s operations consist of over 650,000 square feet of buildings across 52 acres.
“Since the 1960’s, we have been delivering quality health care products from 525 North Emerald Road and with the addition of new equipment and the commitment of the skilled people who run our machines, we will continue to do so far into the future.” -Jimmy Vickery, Director of Nursing Care Manufacturing
“It’s always exciting to see an existing Greenwood company decide to expand and invest more in our county. This announcement by Medtronic speaks to the business-friendly climate we’ve been able to cultivate in all of Greenwood County.” -Greenwood County Council Chairman Steve Brown
“We were excited about Medtronic’s expansion, and to have the opportunity for our established industries to grow. Their growth supports a promising future for Greenwood County in the Life Sciences sector.” -Greenwood Partnership Alliance Chairman Frank Wideman
FIVE FAST FACTS
- Medtronic is expanding its existing operations in Greenwood County.
- $6.5 million investment in new equipment and upgrades.
- Medtronic is the world’s largest standalone medical technology development company
- The facility is located at 525 North Emerald Road in Greenwood, S.C.
- Once installed, the equipment will be capable of producing up to 9000 finished good units per day.