Follow the Upstate Roadmap to Exporting SuccessNovember 29, 2018
Mexico, Colombia and several West African countries have been catalysts for the growth of Spartanburg-based Sun Surveillance, a manufacturer of solar-powered wireless security systems.
For the company’s customers in education, energy, defense, oil and gas industries, Sun Surveillance products offer reliable security where power isn’t always available.
For the Upstate company, which built its first prototype in 2003, these customers mean enhanced sales and increased demand for employees to complete design, engineering, manufacturing and installation.
Exports support more than 66,000 Upstate jobs, and Sun Surveillance is only one example. And Sun Surveillance’s growth could not have been achieved without a team of regional, state and national export support services from the U.S. Commercial Service, S.C. Department of Commerce to the South Carolina Small Business Development Center.
Export activities present great opportunity for companies to increase revenue and grow. Though many wonder: How does a company begin to sell its products overseas? What resources can guide their exploration, business development and complex international logistics?
To help chart the process and players, the Upstate SC Alliance has unveiled a “Roadmap to Exporting Success.” Hard copies are available for interested companies or for business service providers to share with clients, and electronic versions can be accessed here.
- SC Small Business Development Center
- U.S. Small Business Administration, SC District Office
- U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of International Trade
- SC Department of Commerce, International Strategy & Trade Division
- U.S. Commercial Service, South Carolina
- SC Ports Authority
- SC District Export Council
- US Commercial Service, Columbia
- US Commercial Service, Greenville
- US Commercial Service, Charleston
- Upstate SC Alliance
- SC Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- SC Forestry Commission
- SC Department of Agriculture
- Global Business Resource Center, College of Charleston
“Sun Surveillance believes that for any SC based company who wants to bridge opportunities across borders and increase sales internationally, harnessing the support with all the resources offered by U.S. Commercial Service, the SC Department of Commerce and the SBDC is essential and the best catalyst in reaching international business opportunities,” says Jose Correa, Business Development Director for Sun Surveillance.