SC Industry Impact Awards Recognize Upstate CompaniesMay 18, 2017
Eight Upstate companies and two high school seniors were among those recognized by the S.C. Department of Commerce on May 11 as part of the 26th annual Industry Appreciation series. Honoring businesses that have made significant contributions to their communities and state, the recipients were selected within a certain employment size and county development tier group.
“South Carolina continues to have one of the most pro-business climates in the world, and this couldn’t be possible without the partnerships we’ve forged with companies both large and small. These local businesses — and their leaders — form the backbone of our state’s economy, and I congratulate them on this deserved recognition,” said Governor Henry McMaster.
Upstate recipients of the 2017 Industry Impact Award included:
- Colombo Energy, Greenwood County
- Colgate-Palmolive Co., Greenwood County
- BMW Manufacturing Co., Spartanburg County
- Vapor Apparel, Union County
- Standard Textiles, Union County
- Gestamp, Union County
Upstate recipients of Export Achievement Awards:
- Measurement Technology Group, Greenwood
- Stewarts of America, Greenville
Upstate 2017 Young Entrepreneurs of the Year:
- Grace Comer, 12th Grade, Anderson Five Career Campus for Pennies 4 Premies business venture
- Landon Gray, 12th Grade, Crescent High School for BGFT Shoes & Apparel
Each year, S.C. Commerce joins local communities to thank businesses for their vital contributions to South Carolina’s economy with an Industry Appreciation event. Nominees for this year’s Industry Impact Awards were judged based on a number of factors, including capital investment, job creation, community engagement and environmental stewardship.
“The secret to South Carolina’s economic success is its people, and we will always honor the fine work they do,” said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt. “The state’s Industry Appreciation events are a long-running tradition, and we’re proud of this year’s recipients.”
TOPICS: Existing Industry