Site Selection Magazine features UpstateMay 31, 2019
“Renewed, Resilient & Ready” is how Site Selection magazine introduces South Carolina’s Upstate within its 2019 Upstate Intelligence Report, which explores the region’s business environment and assets.
The economic development publication’s 15-page section explores many facets of the Upstate’s business environment, including:
- The Upstate’s approach to smaller projects, known as Landing Pad companies, such as valantic SCE, EAS Change Systems and Humimic Medical.
- Mobility research assets such as South Carolina Technology and Aviation Center, International Transportation Innovation Center, and Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research.
- What drew Keurig Dr Pepper to establish a $350 million roasting and packaging facility in Moore that’s expected to create 500 jobs.
- A profile on Lockheed Martin, which is beginning F-16 production within the region and is celebrating its 35th year of maintenance, repair and outfitting (MRO) operations within the Upstate for aviation customers.
- Mention of collaborative workforce development programs led by ZF Transmissions in Gray Court and the iMAGINE Upstate STEAM festival, an interactive family experience that shows students the opportunities provided by local industries.
- The “something for everyone” quality of life that draws nearly 30 new residents per day to the region — informed by local site selection consultants from Site Selection Group and Quest Site Solutions — and the new Move Up initiative geared at attracting talent to the region.
“We appreciate Site Selection magazine choosing the Upstate of South Carolina as the focus of its May Intelligence Report,” says John Lummus, President & CEO of the Upstate SC Alliance.
“Their coverage showcases the great variety of business opportunities, the innovation taking place in our region, and diversity of our economy. In addition, they captured the Upstate’s fantastic quality of life, with rich input from people who have longstanding ties to the region and who have recently chosen to call the Upstate home.”
The report will be added to the collection of marketing materials for the Upstate SC Alliance business recruitment team and local economic developers. If your company is interested in hard copies to help showcase the region, please contact us.